We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: July 23, 2016
A Complete Comparison of Dental Bridges and Dental Implants
Do you want to replace teeth you’ve lost but are unsure of the best way to do it? Use this helpful guide to find the right tooth replacement for you.
The Pros and Problems of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are one of your options for replacing missing teeth. They are created by connecting at least three crowns together to form a “bridge,” which is then cemented into the mouth to fill in the area of missing teeth. They are a permanent solution. Dental bridges offer many benefits, but also come with some concerns.
- Preferred when the tooth or teeth have been missing for a very long time
- Ideal for people with receded gums and bone
- Best for people with large fillings and those in need of dental crowns or caps down the line
- Lower cost than dental implants
- Not as natural-looking as dental implants
- Because the surrounding teeth must be prepared for bridge placement, some of the natural healthy structure of these teeth will need to be removed
- Less durable than dental implants and may require more repair, which can be costly even with an affordable dentist
- Only lasts up to 10 years before requiring costly replacement
The Benefits and Burdens of Dental Implants
Dental implants are your other option for replacing missing teeth. They are simply metal posts that are surgically embedded in the jawbone and serve as a foundation for replacement teeth. Since they are positioned in the jaw, they offer maximum stability, strength, and long-term security. While dental implants have positive attributes, they also present some problems.
- Complete stability and security, because they are positioned in the jawbone
- More durable than dental bridges
- Can last a lifetime
- Offers most natural and aesthetically-pleasing appearance
- Preserves the natural amount of bone
- Easy care and cleaning, simply requiring the same regular oral hygiene routine and professional dental care from an affordable dentist as natural teeth
- Costs more than dental bridges, but their durability makes them more cost-effective over time because they save you the cost of repair and replacement
- Initially more expensive than dental bridges, but an affordable dentist can keep costs to a minimum
To see which dental restoration is right for you, ask your dental professional.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Flint, call Family Dental Group today at (810) 515-8952 or make an appointment.
Family Dental Group offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Flint. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Family Dental Group, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Family Dental Group.