We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: July 9, 2016
How To Handle and Help Halitosis
Halitosis is the formal name for bad breath. And if you suffer from this common issue, you know how embarrassing it can be. But the good news about bad breath is that it’s completely reversible, as long as you know how to handle it.
Habits Leading To Halitosis
Halitosis is often related to dental issues. Perhaps you’ve lagged on proper oral hygiene, have excessive decay, or simply suffer from unhealthy habits. The result of all these dental dangers is persistent bad breath. To help you uncover the reason for your problem, read the main causes of halitosis:
- Improper brushing and flossing, which leaves food particles in the mouth that breed bacteria
- Failure to see an affordable dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Oral yeast infections
Good Tips for Bad Breath
Many cases of halitosis can be improved with better oral hygiene. That’s because the root of numerous dental problems is oral bacteria, which results from unhealthy dental habits. If you don’t deal with the cause of your halitosis, it can lead to larger problems that require great cost and many visits to your family dentistry clinic. To say goodbye to bad breath for good, follow these proven tips:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, preferably after every meal.
- Floss daily.
- Brush your tongue to remove built-up bacteria.
- Visit an affordable dentist twice a year for check-ups and cleanings.
- Immediately treat tooth decay and gum disease at your family dentistry clinic.
- Quit smoking.
- Rinse with mouthwash after consuming odor-inducing foods such as onions and garlic.
- Discuss your medical conditions and medications with a family dentistry expert to determine if they’re causing bad breath.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Flint, call Family Dental Group today at (810) 515-8952 or make an appointment.
Family Dental Group offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Flint. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Family Dental Group, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Family Dental Group.