We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
How to Keep Your Kids Out of the Dentist’s Chair
Every day, kids across the country are forced to endure invasive dental procedures simply because they didn’t practice good dental care and healthy habits. If you teach your children to take care of their teeth, they’ll spend fewer hours at the dentist and be less likely to face tooth decay and gum disease now and later in life. Here are some helpful cavity prevention tips to keep your kids’ smiles bright.
Practice Proper Dental Care
- Ensure that your children brush their teeth at least twice daily and floss once daily.
- Find an affordable dentist and schedule an appointment when your child’s first tooth erupts.
- Ask your dentist in Flint about applying dental sealants for cavity prevention.
Eat Teeth-Friendly Foods
- Serve low-fat cheese or yogurt as a snack.
- Pack lunches with fresh, crisp fruits and vegetables.
- Include natural nut butters made from peanuts, almonds, or other nuts.
Avoid Foods that Damage Teeth
- Have your kids brush or at least rinse with water after eating snacks.
- Limit or avoid sugar-filled and sticky snacks like cookies, candy, and fruit leathers.
- Let your children know that sharing their food and drinks with others can spread oral bacteria.
- Limit acidic, sugary fruit juices, and eliminate soda.
- Encourage your children to drink plenty of water
Professional Dental Care
Follow your family dentistry expert’s cavity prevention recommendations for scheduled visits and dental care and your child may never have to face the dental drill. But if a problem develops, visit a qualified, affordable dentist in Flint immediately.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Flint, call Family Dental Group today at (810) 515-8952 or make an appointment.
Family Dental Group offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Flint. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Family Dental Group, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Family Dental Group.