We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: November 9, 2015
Ways to Keep Aging Teeth in Top Condition
Children are often reminded about the importance of taking care of their teeth, but adults need that advice even more as age takes it toll on teeth. Discover how to keep your aging teeth healthy and protect them for a lifetime.
Protect Your Smile
As you get older, most people try to take care of their appearance and health, but many neglect their aging teeth. To protect your teeth as you age, you must embrace healthy dental care, make smart lifestyle choices, and see your family dentist in Flint regularly to keep your teeth from showing their age. Follow these tips:
- Brush gently, yet thoroughly, at least twice a day.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to protect tooth enamel and gums.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Clean dentures each day, take them out while sleeping, and give your mouth a break by removing them for at least four hours each day.
- Stop smoking.
- Visit your family dentist on a regular basis for professional dental care.
Taking Care of Dental Care for Older or Disabled Individuals
Do you know someone who has a hard time taking care of his or her teeth? You may want to ask if you can help them keep their aging teeth healthy. If your assistance is accepted, here’s how you can help:
- Place reminders in their home to brush and floss daily.
- If they live with you, help them with their daily dental care.
- Take them to their family dentist or one who specializes in treating the elderly or disabled for regular dental check-ups, cleanings, and treatments.
- If brushing and flossing are difficult for them, talk to the dentist about how to help them practice at-home dental care with ease.
- Be supportive and loving so their dental care is a pleasant experience and make them want to care for their teeth.
- With denture wearers, pay attention to their eating habits. A sudden change in their eating can signal denture problems.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Flint, call Family Dental Group today at (810) 515-8952 or make an appointment.
Family Dental Group offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Flint. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Family Dental Group, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Family Dental Group.