Traditional Michigan (MI) Medicaid plans not accepted
When your teeth become discolored due to smoking, certain beverages, or the aging process, you may feel less confident. Fortunately, in-office teeth whitening can help you achieve a brighter, healthier-looking smile. This affordable and fast procedure is administered at our dental office.
Is Professional Teeth Whitening Right for Me?
Also called “power bleaching” or “chair-side teeth bleaching,” teeth whitening in Flint is an effective way to brighten teeth by several shades. The gel used by dentists is highly concentrated, creating results you can see immediately. Teeth whitening is conducted under supervised, safe conditions and is a pain-free procedure.
If you’re considering undergoing a teeth whitening treatment, keep in mind that professional whitening is ideal for stains on the enamel. It typically will not remove stains associated with tooth decay or defective fillings. During your consultation, our teeth bleaching dentist will examine your teeth and determine what changes are possible with our whitening services.
Can I Whiten My Teeth at Home?
With our at-home teeth whitening kits, you can achieve professional results in the comfort of your own home. To create these kits, the dentist will take impressions of your teeth that will be used to make personalized whitening trays. We’ll provide you with a concentrated whitening gel that may brighten your smile up to six trays. Most patients will see results within two weeks.
How Much Does a Teeth Whitening Treatment Cost?
Several factors determine the teeth whitening cost. Some considerations include the type of system used, the number of brightening treatments needed, and any follow-up visits or adjustments. Find out more about the teeth bleaching cost by contacting our office.
Are DIY Teeth Whitening Products as Effective as Professional Whitening?
If you’ve been searching for a way to brighten your smile, it’s likely that you’ve noticed several options at the drugstore. While these products can improve discoloration, they will not produce the dramatic results a professional whitening gel provides. Plus, teeth whitening at home poses the risk of accidental misuse, which can damage the gum line. With an in-office teeth whitening treatment, you’ll receive consistent, noticeable results.
What Are the Teeth Whitening Procedure Steps?
- The steps for an in-office teeth whitening procedure usually vary depending on the type of system your dentist recommends. However, the following steps describe a chair-side typical teeth whitening treatment:
- First, the dentist will assess your teeth and provide a professional cleaning. Photos may be taken of your teeth to determine the desired shade.
- A cheek-retracting device is placed inside the mouth. This allows the dentist to reach your teeth more easily.
- A protective liquid is applied to the gums, which protects them from the highly concentrated gel.
- Then, several coatings of bleach are applied to the enamel. Each coating may be left in place for a specific amount of time. A light may be used to intensify the results.
- Once the final layer of gel is applied, the teeth bleaching dentist will determine whether the desired shade has been achieved. If you desire brighter results, another visit or at-home treatment will be required.
If you’re ready to enjoy the confidence of a radiant smile, give our office a call today. We’ll help you achieve brilliant results with our teeth whitening in Flint.